The young Indian female athlete Hima Das has literally created a storm by winning four gold medals in just 15 days. This is an indication that India has entered a new phase where not just cricket but other sports also will get the importance that they deserve.
The fourth gold medal was won by Hima in the 200m race in the Tabor Athletics Meet in the Czech Republic. Let us tell you some interesting facts about the Indian teenage sensation:
1. Hima Das is from Assam and she is the youngest of the five kids of Jomali and Ranjit Das. Hima is also referred to as Dhing Express as she is from Dhing village in Assam.
2. Born on 9th January 2000, Hima is the first ever youth ambassador of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India which aims to work for the development and welfare of kids in our country.
3. Last year, she was also appointed as the sports ambassador of her home state Assam in order to encourage the youngsters to work hard and make big in the field of sports.
4. Presently, she is employed as an HR officer in the Indian Oil Corporation, Guwahati.
5. Hima wanted to become a footballer; she used to play as striker for local clubs and she was quite good at it. It was in the year 2016 when her PE coach advised her to try luck in individual sports.
6. Hima’s parents are rice farmers; she used to run in the muddy rice fields and cover them in few moments with a lightning speed.
7. What is more surprising is that with just few months of training, she managed to win Bronze in state championship, Guwahati. Her raw strength has played an important role in her journey till now.
8. You will be shocked to know that until two years ago, the sprinter didn’t even have sports gear. It is just a couple of years back that she started wearing spikes while running.
9. Her hard work helped her in reaching the finals of Junior National Championships Coimbatore after which two coaches convinced her parents to let her take full time training. Since then, Hima has never looked back and is making India proud by raising the tricolor in the foreign lands.
We offer our best wishes to Hima Das and hope that she brings many more medals for the country.
The post 9 Interesting Facts About India’s Golden Athlete Hima Das Who Won 4 Gold Medals In Just 15 Days appeared first on RVCJ Media.